Gladstone Barns



An 1829 fieldstone barn in Gladstone, New Jersey was completely rebuilt and expanded to house an investment firm requiring state of the art communications equipment and environmental controls. The floor area of the structure was doubled with the addition of mezzanines, a new basement and all new circulation. The insertion of a new interior steel moment frame allowed much of the existing antique wood framing and flooring to be reused and also provided full-envelope bracing preserving the original exterior stone walls.